Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sammelsurium or simply "Stuff" volume 7

Canadians have far more in common with Europeans than Americans do. The Canadians are super dog friendly - today Nera was more than welcome at the Cowpucino in Prince Rupert while Joe & I had a latte this morning.

As of today I have embraced the fact that we have zero privacy & zero personal space as long as we are traveling in the Earth Roamer. The unsolicited helpful hints & unrequested advice is enough to kill both of us.

Not to offend anyone, but Canadian RV parks are so much better than the average US RV park. They are cleaner, the employees are more engaged etc.

While in Port Hardy, Joe and I killed some time at coffee shop. There were two older men sitting out in front while we were there. It was so cute to hear them discussing books, movies, travel plans etc. It was only when they started commenting on the nice looking women walking past that I felt uncomfortable. Here I was in my new look - un-ironed, travel clothing etc. - I was now officially invisible. Awful.

While in Sayward, BC Joe & I went grocery shopping. There we met a man that has been going to Fasnacht in Lucerne for the past 30 years!!!! And he isn't Swiss. Somewhere along the way he met a man who is the Zunftmeister there and visits with him each year. He couldn't stop raving about how great Switzerland is. We truly live in a global village.

No comments:

Post a Comment