Friday, June 10, 2011

Call it kismet, call it karma

Today Joe & I went shopping at Brooks Brothers here in Seattle. Joe found a shirt he wanted and I went up to the counter to pay. Well while waiting I heard a man ask for a particular type of dress shirt. I turned slightly & there was Marvin Hamlisch! I honestly could not believe it - although I had seen a poster announcing an event with him and the Seattle Philharmonic, what are the chances we would be in the same store at the same time? I didn't address him, although I wanted to, being that I am a big fan of his. However about six years ago I was walking past a theater in downtown Chicago and out came Marvin Hamlisch. I said (intelligently) "Oh my God, you're Mavin Hamlisch" which earned me a strange stare. What are the odds of seeing this man twice, having our paths cross twice? One really needs to ponder the deeper meaning of this. At any rate this chance encounter made my day.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's very disappointing though that he didn't recognize you as the women who made a lasting impression with her comment at your last encounter... ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough Ursula. However I didn't want him to think I was stalking him. It was quite a coincidence though. What are the odds of to meetings?

    ReplyDelete