Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shuckers Seattle, unlike Schmuckers, doesn't have to be good

When we arrived in Seattle last Thursday Joe & I were looking forward to a nice evening. Just across the street from our hotel was the Shuckers restaurant in the Fairmont Hotel. After getting Nera settled in our hotel room, we went over to have dinner. After being seated our waiter brought over the menus. After what seemed like an eternity, our waiter came over & took Joe's appetizer order and then walked away leaving the menus on the table. When he didn't come back to take my order, I called him over. He seemed surprised that I also wanted to order something. Then, when we wanted to order wine, he launched into his own personal story. He said he doesn't drink much and tended only to drink when his wife was away. And boy does he drink when she away - during he duration of this story which he seemed to find hilariously funny he kept loudly laughing. Bizarre. After we had selected a bottle of wine, our waiter went on to say it wasn't a wine that "he would have selected". My first thought was "Who asked you?" We went on to order our meals and he suggested that I have my filet butterflied. I said okay & the orders were placed. Well imagine my surprise when our waiter brought my filet to me - not butterflied - and said "I guess the kitchen forgot to butterfly your steak". Really, no crap Sherlock. I decided not to complain - that is until the maitre d stopped by. He asked if everything was okay & I said not quite. I told him about the filet not being served butterflied even though this was what the waiter had suggested. Imagine my surprise when he indicated I could have sent it back. So I then told him that I don't work for the restaurant and that it was up to the waiter to make sure that my order was filled as requested - especially when he had made a specific suggestion. Bitching, complaining earned me the big hairy eyeball from all staff involved. My response you ask? Tough crap. In the end they silently comped my meal - zero style people.

No comments:

Post a Comment