Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sammelsurium or simply "Stuff" volume 3

We are currently in a campsite in Steamboat Springs that will remain anonymous to protect the guilty. Our options were limited here which is why we stayed. However showers with no shower heads, filthy washing machines etc do not a super adventure make. My friend in Zurich, Thomas, once told me that he always traveled with flip flops for the shower. Thank God I took his advice or I would have had to cut my feet off at the ankles after showering - awful doesn't begin to describe this place.

Shopping here in Steamboat is excellent - I bought a few things yesterday in an attempt to replace some clothing I brought with me which doesn't lend itself to an RV or wash machines that beat the clothes clean - or not. Amazingly the wash machines at the first RV parks we were at were great. Here the clothes came out as dirty as they went in (or actually dirtier it seemed) just wetter. Our satellite TV also doesn't work here so we are stuck watching bad Nicholas Cage DVDs that we got on sale at Wal-Mart - true punishment.

Lastly, I hope there are still some people to follow my blog with the Rapture taking place yesterday and all. Can you say Y2K anyone? Just to be safe, though, Joe & I have booked a trip to Mexico - no kidding - for December 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar. Better safe than sorry!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Sue, thank you for making me laugh out loud today! I am thoroughly enjoying your adventure. Your descriptions in the first paragraph surely painted a picture. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete