Monday, May 16, 2011

Sammelsurium or simply "Stuff" volume 2

Denver is a very dog friendly city. So because the weather had finally improved we decided to have lunch outside. I had read that dogs were sometimes allowed to sit on restaurant patios with their owners. Well today we were told that we could sit outside on the patio but the dog would have to sit on the other side of the fence, that is on the sidewalk, for "Health Department reasons". Come on people, is this serious or at all logical? What germs are being stopped by a wrought iron fence? Absurd is the only way to describe this.

A friend in Zurich who had traveled with her family through the US in an RV told me that traveling in an RV was like vacationing in a parking lot. Although I've only been at it for a short time, I have to agree. I keep having the feeling that I need to go home once we pull up to our reserved space only to realize that I am home, I have no where to go!

Although it can be an almost overwhelming experience, I love US food stores. The selection is almost impossible to take in and it seems there is nothing that they don't have. I may feel differently if I start gaining weight but right now I'm enjoying myself.

We sighted another pajama wearing woman at Target. I don't get the whole pajamas as clothing concept as it is. However if you have to wear pajamas as clothing, why do they always have to feature a cartoon character motif? The psychology behind this is fascinating.

1 comment: