Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boston, "More Than a Feeling"

I'm not sure how many of my friends know that "More Than a Feeling" by Boston is my absolute favorite song. No matter how down I'm feeling, the minute I hear this song I am in a great mood. I recently had the opportunity to visit Boston and the city itself had the same effect on me as the song. There is so much to see and it is a real dog friendly place. One of the first things I did was take Nera for a walk on the Boston Common. There I saw a sign which said that dogs are allowed to be off there leash from 6am to 9am in the morning. As Nera has discovered squirrels (I don't know why but you never see them in Switzerland) during our time in the US and was happy to have the opportunity to chase them - although her chance of catching one as a 10 year old partially lame dog is less than zero - this was a perfect place for us.

Then one day while walking with Nera I saw a Chinese spa. I decided to book a foot massage for myself as a way to relax. Well if it was possible I would marry the Chinese man that gave me my massage so that I could enjoy this everyday. I was so relaxed after the hour that I felt I actually looked different. Not only was it a perfect massage, as he didn't speak much English I wasn't subjected to the endless smalltalk that normally takes place during a spa treatment. When I left the spa two different men actually asked me if I wanted to go for coffee not to mention dinner. I didn't take them up on their offers but I have to admit that it was an ego boost.

Lastly I was walking through Boston with Nera on the way to the wharf area. I noticed a film crew and stopped to ask a policeman if any famous people were on the set. He said that while Kevin Bacon (one of my all time favorite actors) and Jeff Bridges would be in the film, they weren't on the set. I said I was disappointed and he then asked "Well what about me?" What about him indeed! He was an extremely good looking, Italian body builder kind of guy and I was so embarrassed I started blushing. This was of course all in fun but it was really a pick me up.

Thank you Boston for showing me a good time!

2 comments:

  1. So much for your "outer-unfashionable-ness"...!

    And as far as Kevin Bacon is concerned: he probably didn't show up at the set as he must have heard that you'd say something profound like "You're Kevin Bacon" to him... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but boy I would have looked to see him. Apparently he is around a lot.

    ReplyDelete