Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boston "More Than a Feeling" - One More Thing

Being on the road makes it hard to keep up with one's normal beauty regiment. Sometimes I've been lucky and have found a good hair salon or cosmetician. Other times the services I've received have been less than satisfying - I guess as a customer that is just traveling through I don't deserve the same level of attention a regular customer would be paid. When I was in Boston I was badly in need of having my eyebrows waxed but hadn't had the opportunity to locate a cosmetician. One day as I was walking past Macy's I saw that "Benefit" cosmetics had an eyebrow bar. Once Joe was back from Boston I decided to walk over and have my brows done. I walked into the cosmetic department and was given a chair right in the window. My brows were quickly waxed and then I was told I should also have my upper lip done! Great, that made me feel pretty...... I was a little embarrassed but agreed. So there I was in the window of Macy having my upper lip waxed for the world to see - have to admit this was a first.

2 comments:

  1. Now was that before or after the invitations for coffee and dinner and the encounter with the Italian style police man that made you blush?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was after, who knows what would have happened if it was before!

    ReplyDelete