Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We Just Aren't That Into You

Joe and I had decided that our next stay would be in Pompano Beach after leaving a really super RV park in Port Orange (Daytona Beach area) Florida. The Daytona area was great and we actually found a truly dog friendly restaurant there - our dog was given a bowl of water with ice cubes! Please frequent "Boondocks" - the staff is wonderful. Well when we got to the Pompano RV park the surrounding area was less than welcoming. Okay, not great but it is what it is. Well, let's just say the women working in the registration office were even less inviting. Two disinterested women who looked like they would fall asleep from boredom - I had to resist the urge to check if they were breathing. Joe was trying to give them the information for the reservation but each questions had to be answered a thousand times. While we were enduring this torture treatment, the "Head of Security" came in. I should mention that from my observation the security personnel in RV parks come in all shapes, sizes and age groups. The number one perk seems to be having the opportunity to drive around in a golf cart all day making sure all the rules are followed. It is interesting to me that in a business that does most of it's business with the over 55 crowd each park has reams of rules and one can always get kicked out without a refund! Oh, I bet that happens a lot....... Well this security man thought he was all that and a bag of chips, no mirrors in that household apparently. He was like a living, breathing version of the fat villain in the "Austin Powers" movies or better yet a 350 pound version of John Travolta's character in "Pulp Fiction". Well he was turning on the charm with the office staff, inviting them to all kinds of events, telling them about the latest improvements to his mobile home etc. It was an interesting diversion as the registration process was taking forever. All I can say is ladies please work on your marriages and show your husband a little appreciation. No way in hell do I want to end up in a situation like this having to enjoy the attention of a guy like this. Really, believe me. When the registration process was over, I mentioned we had our dog with us. Major problem. They can't possibly accept a dog over ten pounds. I said I found their policy strange as it was the first time we had encountered such a strict weights restriction. They wouldn't budge. I was compelled to take a little literary license with a saying I had seen on a t-shirt in Charleston (In dog beers I've only had one) and say "In dog pounds she only weighs 10 pounds" but decided my lame attempt at humor would probably fall on deaf ears. So we told them to cancel the reservation and left. It is interesting to note that it took both women and the assistant manager to take on the task of trying to find out how to cancel a registration......

No comments:

Post a Comment