Sunday, August 28, 2011

We love you all, but.....

It has been great meeting people in the various RV parks we have stayed in - just having each other to talk too is not always so interesting. It is also fine that a lot of people want to ask questions about the Earth Roamer as it is a very unique vehicle. However at times the questioning can get overwhelming. We can be having breakfast, lunch, dinner and people will still come over and just start asking questions : Can I look inside, what does this thing cost, what kind of mileage do you get, have you ever changed a tire, what does a tire cost - the list goes on. Again, no problem, but can we finish our meal first. Yesterday we were getting ready to leave our site when a group of people started advancing on the Earth Roamer like something out of "Night of the Living Dead". I told Joe we needed to get the H out of there subito. While we were at Old Faithful, we were sitting in the car looking at a map. I saw a man out of the corner of my eye circling the vehicle. No problem as lots of people like to take pictures of the RV. I wasn't in the mood for a Q & A session (it was so hot outside & I was tired) so I avoided eye contact. Well that didn't deter that gentleman. He just started knocking on the window until we rolled it down! Uh, ever here of the theory of concentric circles of personal space sir?!?!? Just asking.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't that remind you of people asking you why you live in a foreign country, what made you come here, how long you've been here etc etc? I sometimes really had enough of this Q&A game and felt like writing my CV down and handing the paper out to anybody interested... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I feel like putting together a fact sheet and handing it out. Plus no matter what you say, people always want to challenge you
    on it. I also said I'm going to get a sign for the dog that says "Yes I'm a Bernese Mountain Dog mix. Please don't pet me as I am tired as hell, not to mention hot".

    ReplyDelete